Presiding: Pres. Gary Dean
Prayer: Warren Spangler
Piano: Don Metzler
Intros: Angela Beaver
Song: Matt Tootle - “Four Leaf Clover" & "Sing Rotarians"
Absentees:Ankrom, Applegate, Craig Brown, Joe Brown, Christopher, Coyan, Crawford, Crespo, Dailey, Davis, Ewing, Grover, Halm, Jack Hooks, Justinger, Kowalski, Lewis, Bob Liggett, Maroscher, Mavis, Moss, Chris Mullins, Neff, Pontius, Radcliff, Rainey, Rawlins, Rothe, Scherer, Sigmon, Stevens, Stout, Throckmorton, Vickers, White, Williams, Wolfe, Yaniga
Visiting Rotarians: Sunrise - Warner Searls
Guests: Steve Irwin wih Jerry Good; Heather Poll with Mike Pelcic
March birthdays: 5th - Dan Dailey; 9th - Tom Tootle; 10th - Chris Mullins; 11th - Dick Patrick; 12th - Roy Huffer; 26th - Jerry Leist, Bob McCrady; 29th - Scott Applegate
March anniversaries: 18th - Don Metzler; 19th - Debbie Hoffman
Happy Dollars: None
Student guests: Brooke Wright from Teays Valley High School introduced Meredith Keel and Walker Moore.
Lottery: Charlie Hedges was this week's winner of $14, but the golden bean remains hidden. The jackpot is now at $629.
- Via flyer: Rotary District #6690's District Conference will be May 18th-20th at Zane State College Campus. To register &/or get details, go to website: http://rotary6690.org/training-events/discon1718/
- Membership proposal: Heather Roll, Pickaway County DD Community Connections Coordinator has submitted paperwork to request membership. Her sponsoring Rotarian is Pres. Gary Dean. If there are any questions &/or comments, please direct them to Drexel Poling.
SAA: Bob Sneed
In honor of International Women’s Day, all the female finees got to pass their fines. This was great for everyone except Dave Webb who got to pay more than his fair share.
Also in honor of Daylight Savings Time, Bob gave a quizz on DST as a reminder for everyone to “Spring Forward."
Intro: Dave Webb introduced today's speaker, Tom Davis from the Pickaway Parks Board.
- Tom showed a variety of flora and fauna from around the county. Those include eagles, cyotes, beavers and groundhogs. He even had a section of tree that the beavers had “harvested.”
- Tom gave a quick review of the current park projects and the hopes for the future. Those include completing (clearing, bridging, and paving) the Pickaway Trail, adding to the Roundtown Trail, and adding trails in other areas.
- The Park District hopes to be able to provide grants to the local parks totalling $100,000 next year.
Speaker's contact information:
In appreciation of this year's speakers sharing their time & efforts, donations to the Pickaway County Special Olympics will be made in their names.
Pres. Gary concluded by asking us to recite the Rotary 4-Way Test.
Until some better comes along...
15th: Sofidel update
22nd: Bob Harvey - "Your next car technology"
29th: Jarrod Burks - Ohio Valley Archeology
5th: Eleventh Candle Company - Human trafficking & addiction
12th: Pickaway County Commissioners Wippel & Stewart - Fairgrounds project update
19th: Kristen May - Pickaway Arts & Life Center project update
26th: Hank Hamed & Kathleen Young of Ohio Governor's Office - Drug prevention program called "Start Talking"