Presiding: Chris Mullins
Prayer: Warren Spangler
Piano: Don Metzler
Intros: Charlie Hedges
Song: Mike Pelcic, "April Showers" & "R-O-T-A-R-Y"
Absentees: Coyan, Crespo, Dailey, Davis, Ewing, Halm, Jack Hooks, Joiner, Justinger, Kowalski, Lewis, Bob Liggett, Mavis, Montgomery, Moss, Jessica Mullins, Poling, Reynolds, Scherer, Stevens, Throckmorton, Vickers, White, Wilson
Make-ups: Myrtle Beach - Ellery Elick; District Assembly - Gary Dean, Drex Poling, Vince Yaniga
Visiting Rotarians: Logan - Bill Boone
Guests: John Joyce, by Mike Pelcic; Kendra Lieberman, by Tony Chamberlain
April birthdays: 3rd - Gary Dean; 9th - Craig Brown; 10th -Debbie Hoffman; 13th - Mark Smith; 14th - Angela Beavers; 15th - Ellery Elick; 16th - Gary Gillen & Tad Grover; 18th - Larry Halm; 22nd - Barry Pontius
April anniversaries: 2nd - Steve Stevenson; 8th - Harry Canfield, Dave Moss; 26th - Dan Delong; 28th - Larry Powell
** New membership proposal: Jennifer Rainey has submitted her membership paperwork. She is employed at The Savings Bank, and lives in Ashville. Please direct any questions/comments regarding this proposal to Drexel Poling.
Student guests: Pam Younkin, Guidance Counselor of Teays Valley High School, introduced two students: Brooke Carothers & Cody Blum
Lottery: Ty Ankrom received the weekly drawing of $12, but did not draw the golden bean. Jackpot is now $54.
- Dannie Fouts: Mayor's breakfast fundraiser for Boys Scouts of America on 05/18/17 at OCU, starting at 7:30AM. This year's honoree is Larry Schieber.
- Dave Webb: Jarrod Burke stated the soldier that he spoke of at our meeting, his remains have been identified.
- OCU: Will host the annual Maxwell Presentation Tuesday at 5:45 pm. Dr. Mark Smith will also be honored at the event for his years of service to OCU.
- Vince: announced the winners of our Rotary 25th Annual 4-Way Speech Contest, & thanked those who volunteered to help with the event. Winners are: 1st place - Angel Francisco (Westfall) & Emily Vaughn (Westfall), 2nd place - Justin Schbelock (Westfall), 3rd place - Tori Hawkins (Teays Valley).
- Carly: Next Wednesday is Corks & Canvas at Rhoads Farm Market
- Debbie Hoffman: 04/26/17 Will be the next Rotary After Hours event at the Patio at Rhoads Farm Market.
- Jessica Mullins, via Pres. Chris: Circleville Noon Rotary branded apparel is now available through Land's End. Two ways to order are: 1) www.business.landsend.com, or 2) Call #(800) 338-2000. Use Logo #1508541.
- Pres: Chris: District conference is at COSI.
SAA: Vince Yaniga
- BGSU students or graduates: professor had erotic content on his computer drive
- Amy Elsea: for Braya & Kaia being in the newspaper
- April birthdays were fined
- Read funny stories from Reader's Digest of mother's getting revenge on their kids
Intro: Roxan Sigmon
Speaker(s): Heather Foll, of Pickaway FANS Network & Pickaway Board of DD. Heather began her career in business with Health Care Logisitics. After 10 years, she transitioned to non-profit when she becam the Executive Director of Stepping Stones, the supervised visitation center in Pickaway County. Because of unstable funding, Heather left to take a position with The Circleville Herald in advertising. In 2015, she was asked to join the Pickaway County Special Olympics advisory committee. In 2016, she accepted the position of Community Coordinator and Special Olympics Coordinator with the Pickaway County Board of DD. This career opportunity has matched with her passion for Special Olympics, and people living with disabilities in our community.
- This is a personal story for her as her
- Fans, Allies, & Neighbors (FAN) Network: group of individual & organizations that have joined together to support the Pickaway DD.
- Heather shared a story of success of one of their clients, and how the community pulled together to fulfill a need of gravel for their driveway.
- FANS not only donate items& funds, but also their time to solve situations.
- Shared another story of how one elderly gentleman wanted to go to see the ocean & palm trees
- A vast majority of the disable population do not have the social opportunities or connections that the main stream population has.
- "FANS creates the opportunities for everyone to meet some very special people."
- In conclusion, Heather shared a story of how her daughter survived a serious car wreck, and how fortunate we all are to have every day that we have. Heather asked that we all "fill our days with passion & creativity."
April program schedule (submitted by Ian Webb)
13th: Joy Hoover & Jeff Sheets - Teays Valley Education Foundation
20th: Ryan Scribner - Sofidel Update
27th: Amber Hudson - MASH Pantry
May program schedule:
4th: Dan Patrick - Retired "Samson" monster truck driver
11th: Keystone Book Store
18th: Jennifer Barney - Author/Publisher
25th: Dr. Greg Lam, Berger cardiologist