(Editor's Note: Thank you to Bob Johnson, my wonderful father, for taking today's meeting notes!)
Presiding: Ian Webb
Prayer: Walt Spangler
Piano: Ellery Elick
Intros: (Not noted)
Song: Bob Liggett, "Smile" & "Roll Rotary"
Absentees: Applegate, Beavers, Craig Brown, Crespo, Dailey, Elsea, Ewing, Fouts, Richard Gerhardt, Grover, Halm, Hedges, Jack Hooks, Joiner, Justinger, Lewis, Mavis, McIroy, McNemar, Chris Mullins, Jessica Mullins, Pelcic, Radcliff, Reynolds, Rothe, Scherer, Sneed, Stevens, Throckmorton, Matt Tootle, Vickers, White, Williams, Wolfe, Yaniga
Make-ups: Sunrise - Warren Spangler
Visiting Rotarians: None
Guests: Bob Wolfe & David Crawford, by Earl Palm
May birthdays: 1st - Walt Spangler; 3rd - Ned Riegel; 11th - Ned Schreiner, Connie Chamberlain; 25th - Dan Delong; 26th - Vince Yaniga, Bob Mabe; 28th - Patty Rothe; 30th - Jean Droste; 31st - Bob Liggett
May anniversaries: 7th - Bob Johnson, Joe McNemar; 26th - Roger Wolfe; 28th - Richard Coyan; 29th - Ned Riegel
New membership proposals:
- Jenny Rainey has submitted her membership paperwork. She is employed at The Savings Bank, and lives in Ashville. Dolly Crespo is her Rotary sponsor.
- David Crawford has also submitted his membership forms. David retired from The Ohio State University's Medical Center, and currently serves as Circleville's City Council President. He is actively involved in beekeeping. Please direct any questions/comments regarding these proposals to Drexel Poling.
Student guests: Jonathan Davis, Superintendent of Circleville City School District, introduced two students: Kathy Warner & Ashley Sark
Lottery: Dave Moss received the weekly drawing of $18, but did not draw the golden bean. Jackpot is now $115.
- Ian Webb: Our club's annual Rotary picnic, now titled "The World's Greatest Picnic," will be on 05/25/17 at Bill Richards Farm (24537 Canal Rd, Circleville). Social hour starts at 5PM, and dinner will begin at 6PM. Each family is asked to bring one side dish or dessert, AND table service. Our club will be providing the meats and drinks.
- Jayme Fountain gave a reminder about our annual Flower Sale fundraiser; link for the order form is here. Order forms were distributed as well. For more info &/or to place an order, contact Carly Neff at #740-474-2028 Ext. #1, or #740-404-5698, or email@example.com
- Circleville Noon Rotary branded apparel is now available through Land's End. Two ways to order are:
SAA: Judy Wolford
- Jim River: President of SAR picture in the newspaper
- Berger Health System employees &/or board members: For the change of status to 501(c)3 Non-profit entity.
- Concluded with a Kentucky Derby trivia quiz, conducted table by table.
Intro: Eric Liggett
Speaker(s): Dan Patrick, PEI Monster Truck owner & builder
- Started in the late 80's as a hobby.
- His monster truck's name is "Samson."
- Began as a "one man show," but has grown into a large operation which consists of building, selling, driving, & promoting monster trucks.
- He shared a video of his shop and of his work.
May program schedule:
11th: Keystone Book Store
18th: Jennifer Barney - Author/Publisher
25th: Dr. Greg Lam - Cardiologist at Berger Health Systems
June program schedule:
1st: Judy Wolford
8th: Joseph Rubin - Ted Lewis Museum
15th: David Fausnaugh - Pickaway County Library
22nd: Dolly Crespo & Jenna Ketch - Pickaway Co. YMCA
29th: Changing of the Guard