Presiding: Outgoing Pres. Gary Dean
Prayer: Warren Spangler
Piano: Don Metzler
Intros: Bob Sneed
Song: Jessica Mullins - “Grand Old Flag”& “Roll Rotary”
Absentees: Craig Brown, Christopher, Coyan, Crespo, Dailey, Ellis, Elsea, Ewing, Halm, Hedges, Irwin, Justinger, Lewis, Maroscher, Mavis, McIlroy, Palm, Pelcic, Radcliff, Rainey, Rawlins, Scherer, Sigmon, Stevens, Stout, Throckmorton, Vallette, Vickers, Williams, Wilson, Yaniga
Make-ups: eClub One - Charlie Hedges (2)
Visiting Rotarians: None
Guests: Bud Hritz, by Dave Webb; Hillary (AKA Heather) Webb, by Ian Webb
June birthdays: 14th - Jack Hooks; 18th - Gary Scherer & Rick Rawlins; 22nd - Beth Kowalski; 24th - Bob Johnson (Happy 88th Dad!! Love you!); 27th - Tim Throckmorton
June anniversaries: 5th - Gary Dean; 7th - Wayne Vickers; 10th - Bob Liggett; 11th- Jonathan Davis; 18th - Charley Gerhardt; 21st - Dick Gerhardt, Fred Mavis; 24th - Jim Hooks; 29th - Patty Rothe
July birthdays: 2nd - Dolly Crespo; 10th - Earl Palm; 14th - Joe Brown; 23rd - Emily Lutz
July anniversaries: 1st - Warren Spangler; 4th - Judy Wolford, Eric Liggett; 10th - Larry Halm; 14th - Ian Webb; 21st - Jim Hill; 27th - Roy Huffer; 30th - John Ellis; 31st - Joe Brown
- One of our newest Rotarians, Stephen “Steve” Irwin, has submitted his bio. Steve is the new Plant Manager of DuPont-Circleville’s facility. Steve was sponsored by the previous Plant Manager, Jerry Good. Steve has a BS in Chemical Engineering from Lafayette College in Easton, PA. Steve & his wife, Lorraine, and their daughter, enjoy camping, fishing, & auto racing.
Happy Dollars: None
Student guests: None, due to summer break
Lottery: Dave Webb was this week's winner of $15, but the golden bean remained hidden. The jackpot is now at $872.
- Gary Montgomery: Thanked all of those who volunteered at the recent Community Kitchen: Gary Montgomery, Sam Shapiro, Bob Sneed, David & Marie Conrad, Warner Searls, & from DuPont - Eliza Horvat, Emily Keller, & Lydia Seiter
- Pres. Gary: 1) read a few thank-you notes from Mrs. Carol Johnson’s class as appreciation for the dictionaries via our club’s Dictionary Project; 2) Update on how well the recent Rotary After Hours event went; 3) Thanked all of those who served on the Rotary Board, Program Committees, newsletter, website, & newspaper articles for this past Rotary year.
- Jayme Fountain gave a GSE Team update: they will be at Watt St.Tavern this Tues, & then the big GSE Picnic at Richard’s Farm on Saturday. Please come join them in welcoming our guests!
- Via e-mail: Rotary’s International Convention will be in Hamburg, Germany on June 1-5, 2019. Go onto Rotary.org for more details.
SAA: Jayme Fountain
- Paul Bunyan trivia quiz, since today is National Paul Bunyan Day
- Fined all of those who wore sunglasses &/or have a camera for National Sunglasses Day & National Selfie Day
Intro: None, due to this being the Changing of the Guard Ceremony Day.
- Gary shared some of the things he learned while being the President of our club this past Rotary year.
- Ty Ankrom served as Master of Ceremony today, and mention some of this year’s highlights
- All the Past-Presidents were recognized
- Ty asked Incoming-President Ian Webb step up to the podium. Ty spoke more aspects of the club, and some of Ian’s personal strengths
- Ty then performed the swearing-in of Pres. Ian Webb
- At Pres. Ian’s request, Ty then installed the incoming Board of Directors
- Drexel Poling spoke some of Past-President Gary’s term.
- Pres. Ian then formally claimed the gavel. He also expressed his gratitude to Gary, and his presidential term.
- Pres. Ian shared some of his memories of Rotary, both through his father, Dave Webb, and through his own personal experiences. Spoke of the strength of our Directors & Committee members.
- Pres. Ian revealed that Jim River was responsible for about 30% of the Rotary Foundation’s donations. Since Jim has passed, Charlie suggested that Pres. Ian keep the RF goal at the same level or bump it back a bit. Pres. Ian has challenged that we all increase our donations to make up the gap Jim has left.
- Mentioned Polio Plus program, and how Pakistan is the last country with polio cases. Told the story of how there was a member of the project that, against great adversities, he was able to convince the Taliban to allow him through to service the affected people.
- Speaker’s donations for this coming year will be to the Pickaway County Dog Shelter
Speaker's contact information:
In appreciation of this year's speakers sharing their time & efforts, donations to the Pickaway County Special Olympics will be made in their names.
Meeting was concluded by reciting the Rotary 4-Way Test.
Until next week...
Rotary Newsletter Editor
5th: No Meeting; Have a happy & safe Independence Day holiday!
12th: Live STRONG/YMCA - Susie Birdsong
19th: Pickaway County Housing Authority - Kim Hartinger
26th: Pickaway Works Project - Christy Mills