Presiding: Outgoing Pres. Chris Mullins/ Incoming Gary Dean
Prayer: Gary Montgomery
Piano: Don Metzler
Intros: Roxan Sigmon
Song: Carly Neff - "Battle Hymn of the Republic " & "Vive Le Rotary"
Absentees: Ankrom, Craig Brown, Connie Chamberlain, Tony Chamberlain, Coyan, Crespo, Davis, Dan Delong, Elsea, Fountain, Halm, Jack Hooks, Lewis, Lewis, Maroscher, Moss, Pelcic, Pontius, Radcliff, Rainey, Reynolds, Scherer, Stevens, Stout, Throckmorton, Vickers, Williams, Wolfe, Yaniga
Visiting Rotarians: Sunrise - Mary Jane Dean
July birthdays: 10th - Earl Palm; 14th - Joe Brown; 23rd - Emily Lutz;
July anniversaries: 1st - Warren Spangler; 4th - Eric Liggett, Judy Wolford; 10th - Larry Halm; 14th - Ian Webb; 21st - Jim Hill; 27th - Roy Huffer; 31st - Joe Brown
Student guests: None, due to summer break
Lottery: Debbie Hoffman received the weekly drawing of $14, but did not draw the golden bean. The jackpot is now $226.
- Dan Fouts: Thanked those who volunteered at the recent Friday at the Park.
- Dan Fouts: Next. Tues at 3PM is the ribbon cutting/celebration of the completion of Roundtwon Trail.
- Matt Tootle: Our club's 20th Annual Rotary Golf Scramble will be on 09/21/17 at Cooks Creek Golf Club. For more info, please contact Matt Tootle: #740-474-6021 or email@example.com.
- Pres. Chris read two thank-you notes for our club's sponsorships
SAA: None, due to ceremony
Intro: Pres. Chris
Speaker(s): Changing of the Guard ceremony
- Outgoing President Chris Mullins thanked all members for their support of him & of the club.
- He stressed how much fun he has had over this past Rotary year.
- Special appreciation expressed to Drexel Poling, Dick Fullen, Carly Neff, Ian Webb, Bob McCrady, Ty Ankrom, Jessica Mullins, & the rest of our board of directors.
- Judy Wolford came to the podium to perform the formal duty of the swearing in of the Board, and then the swearing in of our new President, Gary Dean.
- Drexel asked for all of the past Presidents to stand up and be recognized.
- Drexel then presented Chris with the Past-President pin.
- Newly minted President, Gary Dean, shared the knowledge he gained at the recent Rotary Convention in Atlanta, Georgia.
- He also shared his vision of what our club can & should be. He stressed how important it is for each member to invite someone to attend a Rotary meeting with them.
- Pres. Gary revealed that his wife, Mary Jane Dean, is a past-president of the Sunrise Rotary Club, so he will tap her for advice. He admitted that he still has plans to contact Past-President Chris too!
- Gary Montgomery then played a PowerPoint presentation of the history of the American Flag.
Until next week...
Rotary Newsletter Editor
July program schedule:
13th - US Marshal Service & Bomb-sniffing Dogs - Deputy Aaron Fisher
20th - Ohio State Highway Patrol Motorcycle Unit - Trooper Cory Diehl
27th - Berger Health System - Tim Colburn
August program schedule (All sports-themed, primarily football):
3rd - Circleville
10th - Logan Elm
17th - New Hope
24th - Teays Valley
31st - Westfall