Presiding: President Ian Webb
Prayer: Harry Canfield
Piano: Ellery Elick
Absentees: Craig, Joe B., Connie, Curtis, Richard C., Dolly, Jonathan, Heather, Tad, Larry H., Lori Beth, Cody, Rob M., Gerhard, Fred, Don, Chris, Jessica, Mike P., Dwight, Jenny, Rick R., Patty, Gary S., Todd, Matt, Bonnie, Wayne, Vince
Make-ups: Circleville Sunrise, Jayme Fountain; Conway, SC, Ellery Elick
Visiting Rotarians: Damon Kuhn, Logan
Guests: Trish Benedict with Gary Dean
July birthdays: 2nd - Dolly Crespo; 10th - Earl Palm; 14th - Joe Brown; 23rd - Emily Lutz
July anniversaries: 1st - Warren Spangler; 4th - Judy Wolford, Eric Liggett; 10th - Larry Halm; 14th - Ian Webb; 21st - Jim Hill; 27th - Roy Huffer; 30th - John Ellis; 31st - Joe Brown
Happy Dollars: None
Student guests: None, due to summer break
Lottery: John Ellis was this week's winner of $16, but the golden bean remained hidden. The jackpot is now at $888.
- Jayme Fountain gave a GSE Team update: they will be at Watt St.Tavern this Tues, & then the big GSE Picnic at Richard’s Farm on Saturday. Please come join them in welcoming our guests!
- Via e-mail: Rotary’s International Convention will be in Hamburg, Germany on June 1-5, 2019. Go onto Rotary.org for more details.
Intro: Gary Montgomery intorduced Susie Birdsong from the Y to talk about the LiveStrong program
- LiveStrong is the foundation established by Lance Armstrong to assist those fighting cancer.
- The program is designed to help in the recovery process by working on nutrition, strength, balance, and endurance.
- Groups are kept small so that they get individual attention.
- The program has helped build a sense of community among those facing similar challenges.
- The next group is expected to start in October.
- The Y has several other similar programs for other groups, but this is limited to cancer patients.
- Anyone who wants to join a group or knows someone who would benefit is encouraged to contact the Y.
Speaker’s donations for this coming year will be to the Pickaway County Dog Shelter
Speaker's contact information:
Meeting was concluded by reciting the Rotary 4-Way Test.
Until something better comes along...
19th: Pickaway County Housing Authority - Kim Hartinger
26th: Pickaway Works Project - Christy Mills