Presiding: Pres. Gary Dean
Prayer: Mark Taylor
Piano: Ellery Elick
Intros: Tony Chamberlain
Song: Warren Spangler - "Shine On Harvest Moon" & "Roll Rotary"
Absentees: Ankrom, Craig Brown, Connie Chamberlain, Coyan, Davis, Dan Delong, Ewing, Gillen, Good, Halm, Hoffman, Jack Hooks, Justinger, Kowalski, Lewis, Mabe, Mavis, Chris Mullins, Jessica Mullins, Radcliff, Reynolds, Scherer, Sigmon, Stevens, Throckmorton, Vickers, White, Wolfe, Wolford, Yaniga
Make-ups: Sunrise - Fred Mavis
Visiting Rotarians: None
Guests: Esther Fouts (aka Dan's wife of 300+ years!), by Dan Fouts
September birthdays: 3rd-Heidi White; 5th-Dale Delong; 6th-Harry Canfield; 7th-Jim Hooks; 14th-Dwight Radcliff; 21st-Dan Fouts; 27th-Jessica Mullins
September anniversaries: 6th-Ty Ankrom; 13th-Clark Cellio, Gary Gillen; 14th: Chris & Jessica Mullins; 15th-Ellery Elick; 17th-Angela Beavers; 21st-Dan Dailey; 23rd-Todd Stevens; 30th-Dave Webb
Happy Dollars: None
Student guests: Erika Konowalow, of Pickaway-Ross Career Center, introduced two students, Nolan Badgley & Emily Riddle.
Lottery: Bob Sneed received the weekly drawing of $13, but did not draw the golden bean. The jackpot is now $360.
- Amy Elsea: 09/25/17 is the Candidates Forum at 7pm, and 10/02/17 at 6pm hosting Berger Town Hall meeting about the upcoming Berger initiative. Both events will be held at Circleville High School.
- Bob McCrady: Passing around the volunteer sign-up sheet for our Rotary Pumpkin Show booth.
- Gary Montgomery: 10/25/17 will be next Community Kitchen event; thanked all who donated at last meeting towards the ongoing funding of these events.
- Rotary District Governor Shane Pyle will be coming to our 09/28/17's meeting. Please come to the meeting & join us in welcoming him.
- Matt Tootle: Our club's 20th Annual Rotary Golf Scramble will be on 09/21/17 at Cooks Creek Golf Club. For more info, please contact Matt Tootle: #740-474-6021 or email@example.com.
- Clark Cellio: all volunteers are to meet at 10:45AM at Cooks Creek for the Rotary Golf tournament. Clark is imploring for help in filling 2 remaining volunteer spots. Please call him at 740-474-8383!
- Registration is now open for our Rotary International District 6690's Four Point Seminar. It will be on 09/23/17 (Saturday) at Zane State College in Zanesville, Ohio. More information can be found at Rotary District 6690's FaceBook page: https://www.facebook.com/rotary6690/
SAA: Dave Webb
* Warren Spangler: kidding him about the song he chose (won't translate well in writing. ;-)
* Amy Elsea: for dis'ing on Dave's haircut
* Angela Beavers: for calling Lisa, one of the Watt Street employees, "Sweetie."
* Amy Elsea: fine on Braya's sports successes; additional fine for snitching on someone else.
* Jim River: for newspaper photo of SAR's project on veteran's monument
* Joe Brown: for Craig being in a recent newspaper photo
* Bill Stout: for his birthday last month
* Birthdays & anniversaries that were missed so far.
* Quiz on the questions from the 2nd Grade standardized tests.
Intro: Pres. Gary
Speaker(s): Stan Summers, Mary Jane Dean, & Gwen Wolford, who shared their experiences at the Rotary International Convention in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Stan's portion:
- Transportation was a breeze, and things ran very smoothly
- Mentioned some of the speakers and celebrities
- Joined a "Whiskey Rotary Fellowship!" Any club can form small group such as this. (Editor's Note: They will need to be sanctioned by your club, and by RI, so don't get too crazy with your ideas.)
Mary Jane's portion:
- Displayed a video, but unfortunately there was trouble with the audio so it was a silent movie.
- "99.9% of polio covered via the Polio Plus program."
- Mentioned how the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will match our donations to the Polio Plus program: 2 dollars for every 1 dollar!
- She is a member of the Rotary Music group.
- Gwen's portion:
- Shared tidbits about the PowerPoint presentation from the convention.
- The Convention was actually divided into two sessions, due to the large volume of attendees.
- Jack Nicholaus, who is a polio survivor, & Bill Gates were speakers.
- Gave us examples of how Rotary funds help improve communities throughout the world.
- "House of Friendship" is what the convention's trade show was called.
- Next conference will be in Toronto in June 2018. Make your reservations now!
- Pres. Gary portion:
- Explained how two fire trucks were sponsored by our club along with other clubs.
- "Foundation, Foundation, Foundation." How our club's donations to the Foundation contribute to so many great causes that help people all around the world.
Speaker's contact information:
None provided (See Rotary Membership Directory)
In appreciation of the speakers donating their time & efforts, a donation to a charity will be made in their names.
Pres. Gary concluded by reciting the Rotary 4-Way Test.
Until next week...
Rotary Newsletter Editor
September program schedule
21st - Our Rotary Club Outing at Cook's Creek
28th - Rotary District Govenor
October program schedule
5th - Project Ohio: about Ohio's co-op electric companies' employee' work in Nicaragua
12th - New Hope school update
19th - PUMPKIN SHOW - See you at the Rotary Big Wheel Race at 12:30PM
26th - Ellery will give us a photo tour of the Pickaway County Courthouse