Presiding: Pres. Gary Dean
Prayer: Dan Fouts
Piano: Ellery Elick
Intros: Chris Mullins
Song: Beth Kowalski- "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear" & "Jingle Bells"
Absentees: Applegate, Craig Brown, Christopher, Coyan, Crawford, Crespo, Davis, Droste, Ewing, Fountain, Good, Halm, Jack Hooks, Jim Hooks, Bob Liggett, Mavis, McNemar, Montgomery, Pontious, Radcliff, Rainey, Rawlins, Reynolds, Scherer, Sigmon, Walt Spangler, Stevens, Throckmorton, Vickers, White, Williams, Wolfe
Make-ups: Sunrise - Gerhard Maroscher
Visiting Rotarians: Sunrise - Richard Rhoades; First Capital - Jason
New member inducted: Dr. John Ellis, sponsored by Earl Palm. Ceremony performed by Ian Webb.
December birthdays: 12th - Judy Wolford
December anniversaries: 4th - Craig Brown; 9th - Vince Yaniga; 17th - Bob McCrady; 20th - Charlie Hedges; 21st - Dwight Radcliff
Happy Dollars: None
Student guests: Erika Konowalow of Pickaway-Ross CTC, introduced Zoi Ackison.
Lottery: Charlie Hedges won the weekly drawing of $12, but did not draw the golden bean. The jackpot is now $475.
- Pres. Gary read a thank-you to our club for a donation.
- Chris Mullins: Roundtown Roller Derby will be on 12/09/17 at the Pickaway County Fairgrounds. Doors open at 4PM, with event starting at 5PM. Part of proceeds will go to Haven House. Chris revealed that this is where he is taking his employees for their Christmas party!
- Ty Ankrom: 1:15pm next Thursday (12/14/17) will be the Dedication ceremony at the Pickaway County YMCA.
- Carly Neff: She will be posting info soon our annual Rotary plant sale
- Debbie Hoffman: next Wednesday will be the Rotary After-Hours event at the Thirsty Parrot from 4-6pm. Sunrise Rotary has their sponsor, so now our club needs someone to step up to the plate.
- "Christmas at Mt Oval" on 12/10/17 from 2-4:30PM; an afternoon of holiday treats, punch, & famous hot cider. There will be several musical guests. Tickets in advance: Adults $10/Students $5; at the door: Adults $13/Students $6. For tickets, call PCHS (740-474-1495) or Pickaway County Visitors Bureau (740-474-3636).
- The Wreaths Across America program will be placing the wreaths on the soldiers' graves on 12/16/17 at Noon at Forest Cemetery.
SAA: Debbie Hoffman
- True Cleveland Brown fans, which there were only 3 in our club, got to conduct a quiz related to the Browns. Let's just say, the dollars were flying.
Intro: Jessica Mullins introduced the dynamic duo, Chris & Bob!
Speaker(s): Chris Mullins & Bob McCrady, shared a recap of our club's success with our annual Pumpkin Show booth.
- This was the third year for our club's Pumpkin Show booth
- Chris thanked Bob for being his "right-hand man", & Jessica for "being the glue that keeps us together."
- Chris then mentioned & thanked all those Rotarians & non-Rotarians who helped with the booth this year.
- Netted $10,095this year, which makes it at an $18,000 total for over the past 3 years.
- Gave a break down of the daily revenue for the Show.
- 180 gallons of ice cream were sold
- Sold out completely of pumpkin pies, even though they had bought more on Saturday. Our booth was the last booth in the Show to have pumpkin pies on Saturday night.
- They went through 80 servings of pumpkin coffee on just the first day!
- Bob McCrady: thanked Perfection One for painting our booth.
- Lisa Johnson was presented with the 1st installment of $5000 towards our pledged total of $25,000 to Haven House. She then shared how much this money helps their organization, and how it touches the lives of those in need in our community.
- Lisa then gave an update on the progress of Haven House's remodeling project at their new facility. Much of the work performed has been done by volunteer labor & donated materials.
- Haven House has almost $500,000 pledged of their total goal of $750,000.
- Chris explained that they can now move into the shelter portion, while the rest is still under construction.
- The last $250,000 will be applied to their Phase ll.
- Lisa expressed how excited Haven House is, & that they are ready to move in!!
Speaker's contact information:
Chris & Bob are fellow Rotarians, and can be found in our club's Membership Directory. Lisa Johnson is Executive Director of Haven House.
In appreciation of this year's speakers sharing their time & efforts, donations to the Rotary Foundation will be made in their names.
Pres. Gary concluded by reciting a Christmas-themed poem and the Rotary 4-Way Test.
Until next week...
Rotary Newsletter Editor
14th: Pastor Ethan Allen - Disaster relief
21st: The musical trio of Drexel, Esther, & Don will perform Christmas music for us
28th: NO MEETING - Enjoy the holiday season with those you love!
4th: Matt Finks - Buckeye Fever football commentator
11th: Jerry Newman - Scioto Post
18th: Ray Stein - Columbus Dispatch Sports Editor
25th: Bob Haven - "What the next automobile you buy will be like"