Presiding: Pres. Chris Mullins
Prayer: Harry Canfield
Piano: None, due to lack of piano player today; performed the Pledge instead.
Intros: Jayme Fountain
Song: Walt Spangler, substituting for Warren Spangler, and with help from Jean Droste & her Cheesehead! "Sing Rotarians" two times, & then "Happy Birthday" to Ty Ankrom.
Absentees: Beavers, Craig Brown, Connie Crespo, Dan Delong, Dutton, Elick, Ewing, Charley Gerhardt, Good, Halm, Hoffman, Jim Hooks, Lewis, Bob Liggett, Metzler, Reynolds, Scherer, Spangler, Stevens, Tener, Throckmorton, Vickers, White, Williams
Make-ups: e-Club One - Roger Wolfe (4)
Visiting Rotarians: First Capital - Brad Jacobs
Guests: Teresa Kramer & Valerie Bressler, by Don McIlroy
September attendance: 82.99%
October birthdays: 4th - Eric Liggett; 5th - Charley Gerhardt; 6th - Norm Wilson; 7th - Bob Sneed; 9th - Mark Taylor; 12th - Ty Ankrom; 13th - Charlie Hedges; 19th - Bill Richards; 22nd - Drexel Poling; 27th - Don Metzler; 28th - Dick Fullen
October anniversaries: 20th - Earl Palm; 26th - Dick Patrick
Student guests: Nate Smith, Principal of Logan Elm High School, introduced two students, Jessica Miller & Nick Hixon
- *Pres. Chris:
- Thank-you note from 4-H for our support
- Note from John Prince's family, thanking our club for our support during their rough time
- Trash pick will be on Monday at 5:30pm, please contact Pres. Chris if you can help.
- Still need volunteers for our Rotary Pumpkin Show booth, & for help stocking, etc. He expressed his gratitude for those who have already helped, and for those who have volunteered for the Show.
- 10/29/16: Fall Fest at Mt. Oval from 2-5PM; includes a camp-out; demonstrate all sorts of outdoor activities, like tug of war & archery; Logan Elm FFA Club is "doing the bulk or the work."
- Jim River: Wreaths Across America; goal is to put one on every grave in Pickaway; 3 wreaths for $30.
- Amy Elsea: Wyngate Senior Living facility is having their ribbon-cutting ceremony tomorrow at 11:30AM
- Judy Wolford: Pickaway Addiction Action Coalition (PAAC), on Oct. 24th 5:30-8:30pm at CHS auditorium, will be hosting a community town hall discussion regarding the heroine epidemic.
- Bob McCrady: Annual Big Wheel Race is next Thursday, need volunteers, please arrive at 12:45pm, race begins at 1pm
- Charlie Hedges: $6,300 is this year's RF goal; we've raised $2,000 so far this year.
SAA: Dave Webb
*Jon Davis: for son, Graham, deciding that "Jell-O was a flying object" at school.
*Amy Elsea: for daughter in a newspaper photo for volleyball; Amy, herself, for being in the Dispatch regarding the Candidates Forum
*Don McIlroy: his daughter, Katie, for her soccer goal
*Concluded with a Pumpkin Show trivia quiz
Lottery: Jessica Mullins had the winning tickets and received $16. Since the golden bean was not drawn, the jackpot is now $181.
Intro: Richard Coyan
Speaker(s): Don Sherman, City Public Services Director for the City of Circleville. Don graduated from Ohio Northern University with a BS in Civil Engineering. After a number of years in private industry, he started in public service with the City of Circleville in 1996 as. Public Service Director. Since then, Don has served as City Engineer for the City of Chillicothe and Deputy Director of Fairfield County Utilities. Along the way, he earned a Masters in Business Administration for Ohio University.
*This is his "second tour of duty" with Circleville
*Gave a PowerPoint presentation
*Gave a brief recap of the past 15 years, and how tough they were.
*Discussed numerous current projects, such as street improvements, roof on one of City buildings
*Street improvements being done in two "packages" (i.e. phases). Shared some of the details, locations, and work that City needs to perform.
*Talked about other projects either pending or to come, such as AEP Substation, WODA, Wyngate, etc.
*Explained how the City is required to perform A.D.A accommodations, such as wheelchair ramps.
*South Court Street connector: finishing touches are being done now.
*Pickaway Progress Parkway: it's length has been extended; It is scheduled to be done by the end of the year
*Walking/Bike path along St. Rt. 188 is being finished to connect out to MVCH Park
*Discussed future projects, such as inspect all streets & rate them as to the priority for the repairs, Everts Building Gym, Wastewater Treatment Plant, Ted Lewis Park, Western Gateway, etc.
*ODOT will do St. Rt. 188 next year, and a bridge (over Hargus Creek) at N. Court St. in 2019
*Shared the Master Plan for Ted Lewis Park
*City will be comping up with a 5-year Road Work Plan
*Showed a conceptual drawing for the Western Gateway
* Budget is $750,000 this year; next year is projected about $1million
October program schedule (submitted by Ian Webb):
20th: Pumpkin Show! - Big Wheel Race at 1 pm, volunteers to arrive by 12:45pm
27th: Mollie Hedges & Chris Thornsley - Drug Free Club
November program schedule (submitted by Bob Liggett):
3rd: Touched by Cancer - PJ Tosca & Sharon Jeanneret
10th: Veteran's Program
17th: Pumpkin Show Booth wrap-up & perhaps pumpkin ice cream/floats
24: No meeting - Happy Thanksgiving!