(Editor's request: Please remember to jot down your announcements & give them to me. A simple hand-written note is fine. Otherwise, I may not hear your details &/or miss it entirely. It's hard to hear sometimes during our meetings. Thank you in advance!)
Presiding: Pres. Ian Webb (AKA Oliver's Dad)
Prayer: Warren Spangler
Piano: Ellery Elick
Intros: Dave Webb
Song: Heidi White "Singing in thr Rain" & "Roll Rotary"
Absentees: Beavers, Craig Brown, Connie Chamberlain, Christopher, Coyan, Davis, Dan Delong, Droste, Ellis, Ewing, Hoffman, Irwin, Justinger, Mabe, Maroscher, Mavis, Pelcic, Radcliff, Rainey, Rawlins, Scherer, Searls, Shapiro, Sigmon, Matt Tootle, Vallette, Vickers, Wolfe, Yaniga
Make ups: None
Visiting Rotarians: Sunrise - John Moats
Student Guests: Andrea Brown, of Westfall High School, introduced Martin Link.
*Perfect Attendance Awards distributed.
November bithdays: 5th-Sister Monica; 8th - Jonanthan Davis; 10th-Amy Elsea; 20th -Warner Searls; 25th-Dick Gerhardt; 27th- Don Metzler
November anniversaries: 23rd-Heidi White; 24th-Dick Fullen; 25th-Ned Schreiner; 27th-Amy Elsea
Happy Dollars: Dave Webb contributed for the birth of his grandson, Oliver Webb.
Lottery: Ty Ankrom was this week's winner of $12, but the golden pebble remained hidden. The jackpot is now $26.
SAA: Heather Foll
- Ty Ankrom: 1) for newspaper article 2) not wearing orange on Unity Day, even though she asked him to do so.
- "Useless Trivia" question
- All Officials of Pumpkin Show
- Those who didn't attend Pumpkin Show
- Bengals & Browns fans
- Carly Neff: was recognized for Rhoads Garden Center's donation to the new Hope House homeless shelter
Program: Bob Liggett introduced Steve Helwagen, of "Buck Nuts."
- Lives in Pataskla now, but he grew up in Circleville.
- His wife is a cousin of John Moats' wife, Cindy. He grew up in Circleville.
- Spoke of a surprize mini-reunion that he had during Pumpkin Show, & what a wonderful time he had.
- Touched on some of the recents stats of the OSU football team.
- Discussed some of the positives & the negatives of the Buckeyes' performances.
- Pointed out the difficulties with players going to the NFL early, and usually playing college ball for only 3 years.
- He spoke of the challenges the Bucks are having, and of the upcoming game schedule.
- Mentioned Coach Urban's current health issues, & his ability to coach going forward.
- Spoke of the loss against Iowa.
- Pointed out that OSU is still ranked by most sources as 8th, 9th, or 10th.
- Steve has twins currently attending OSU.
- Talked of the next game against Cincinnati
- He has "signed another deal for a few more years."
- When asked who he thought OSU has on "the short list" to possibly replace Urban, Steve mentioned that Ryan Day is probably the immediate replacement. He then listed off a few more names.
- Spoke of the difficulty OSU would have finding an equal level replacement to Urban. "Urban has set the bar so high," he stated.
- Shared his predictions of who will win some of the different Bowls.
- He predict that OSU will win against Michigan this year.
- Displayed the book he wrote, & said to contact him via e-mail if you'd like to purchase one.
- Pointed out that " (his book) makes a great holiday gift!"
Speaker's contact information:
In appreciation of this year's speakers sharing their time & efforts, donations to the Pickaway County Dog Shelter will be made in their names.
8th - Pickaway Addiction Action Coalition (PAAC)
15th - Warren Gentzel - local historian
22nd - NO MEETING - Happy Thanksgiving,
29th - Program on butterflies