Marie Nemes-Crawford, Editor
August Calendar – Ty Ankrom, Program Chair
Aug 17: Dan Gilbert – Baseball
Aug 24: Steve Helwagen – OSU Football
Aug 28: *Community Kitchen
Aug 31: Jennifer Lloyd – Recovery Ohio
September Calendar – Michelle Blanton, Program Chair
Sept 7 – Ohio Christian University
Sept 11: *Bonus Community Kitchen. Presbyterian Church 3:30pm
Sept 14: Ohio Health, Casey Liddy
Sept 21: Community Cupboards, Kenneth Tennant
Sept 25: *Community Kitchen. Presbyterian Church 4:00pm
Sept 28: ArtsAround, Dale Herron
- Presiding: President Warren Spangler
- Prayer: Joe McNemar
- Piano: Ellery Elick
- Song Leader: John Lambert “Sing Rotarians”, “You’re a Grand Old Flag”
- Attending: (Drexel has official list) 45 today – Spangler, Poling, Crawford, Nemes-Crawford, Fouts, Wilson, Lambert, Canfield, Riegel, T.Tootle, R.Wolfe, McCrady, Searls, Ankrom, K.Neff, Palm, Ellis, C.Chamberlain, Duvall, Sneed, C.Mullins, Schreiner, Rothe, Dailey, D.Wolfe, Reitano, Simmons, McNemar, Montgomery, Elick, Horning, Droste, Young, I.Webb, Rawlins, D.Webb, Fountian, C.Neff, Justinger, Brown, White, Radcliff, Koch, T.Chamberlain, Kramer
- Visiting Rotarian: John Lambert introduced from Jackson, Brandon McGee
- Guests: Ty Ankrom introduced Carly Brewster, Pastor at Emmitt Chapel Church; Karlyn Neff introduced Carl Messy, intern from OSU Pharmacy school at Schieber’s.
- Rob Radcliff – sign-up for Pumpkin Show Booth has already started! It’s our biggest fundraiser of the year, please help out. You can help prep or clean up afterward too!
- Inspiration Station Thank you note – less than $100,000 to their goal so they can start construction. If you know of anyone interested in donating to help make the goal – contact PCCF
- Aug. 15th – board mtg
- Jayme Fountain – Foundation goal this year $6,300. We are already 12% there. Don’t forget the 125 club, donating $100 to the foundation and $25 to polio plus.
SAA: Bob Sneed. “I’m Bob doing Bob Things” – without his hat 🙁
- Aug 10th. National Book Lovers Day and National Lazy Day
- Dispatch reported: people in a good mood are willing to donate. Are you in a good mood today?!
- High School sports – anyone who played pay $1. Time goes by fast.
Scholarship Drawing: Warren Spangler was the winner of $20+. The jackpot is $1,700+ and it continues!
Program: Maggie Simmons – Pickaway Addiction Action Coalition (PAAC)
- Maggie is returning to the State House next week and leaving PAAC
- Two schools took survey for grades 7th, 9th, 11th
- Self reported and sent to Parent Student Institute to analyze the data to find those results that should be kicked out
- Can compare to numbers from 2019
- Core Measures
- Past 30 day use of tobacco, alcohol, marijuana, RX drugs
- Perception of risk using the above
- Perception of parental disapproval
- Perception of peer disapproval
- Did you smoke/drink/use marijuana/prescription drug in past 30 days?
- 3.6% cigarettes; 16% alcohol ; 7.7% marijuana; 1.7% prescription drugs
- 12.5% using nicotine vaping
- Teens think vaping is safer than cigarettes and don’t feel parental disapproval to stop
- Perception of peer disapproval is 82.6% of RX
- Used nicotine vaping over three times the rate that they smoked cigarettes and felt vaping was less harmful
- Wright State did a national comparison – with our local data compared to city’s similar to us
- Our teen’s alcohol use is almost doubled the national average
- Schools do have their results
In appreciation for the speaker today, a donation will be made to the Foster Care Program of Pickaway County through Jobs and Family Services