Marie Nemes-Crawford, Editor
February calendar – Ian Webb, Program Chair
2nd: Erin Edwards- Food and Drink Editor at Columbus Monthly
4th: * Rotary Foundation Gala – Hocking Hills Lodge
9th: Erin Allsop- Big Brothers, Big Sisters
16th: Robert Fanska- Boy Scouts
23rd: Mikki Vinkovich-Program Manager for Child and Protective Services
23rd: * After Hours at El Pedregal 5:30pm-7:00pm
March Calendar – Bob Sneed, Program Chair
2nd – Rural Urban Day
- April 28-29, 2023 – * District 6690 Conference – Veteran’s Memorial
- June 16, 2023 – Golf outing at Pickaway Country Club
- Presiding: President David M. Crawford
- Prayer: Harry Canfield
- Piano Player: Ellery Elick
- Song Leader: Daryl Wolfe selected “On the Sunny Side of the Street” and “Rotary Goes Around the World”
- Attending: (Drexel has official list) Crawford, Nemes-Crawford, Poling, Spangler, Elick, Canfield, Fouts, Wilson, R.Wolfe, McCrady, Montgomery, Hedges, Beavers, Riegel, Hooks, Johnson, Young, McNemar, E.Liggett, D.Webb, I.Webb, D.Wolfe, McIlroy, White, Radcliff, Fountain, Foster, Neff, Mavis, Lanman, Ankrom, B.Tootle, Dean, Mabe, Schreiner, Retanio
- Guests: Dave Horning
- Students: from Teays Valley today Pam Younkin introduced Carli and Ben
New Member welcomed: Michelle Blanton was welcomed into membership today. She is sponsored by Don McIlroy.
Thank you from Kentucky: After our generous pass the hat donation in August of $670 for the tornado destroyed area we received a thank you from Pikeville Rotary. We have now received appreciation from the Pikeville Community Foundation. The foundation has started the Appalachian Crisis Aid fund to support Eastern Kentucky rebuild for years to come. Appalachianky.org.
- Charlie Hedges awards Dannie Fouts with his Paul Harris +8 pin!
- Gary Montgomery thanked the Soup Kitchen crew this month: Carly & Ava Neff, Warren Spangler, Gary & Sandy Montgomery, Rob & Dodie Radcliff, Daryl Wolfe, Judy Wolford, Ty Ankrom, Bob Sneed, Stacy Young. All under Alice Harker’s direction.
- Rob Radcliff has signed up Circleville Rotary to work in the Community Kitchen the second Monday every other month starting March 13th. There was an opening on the schedule and our team can fill the need.
- Ned Riegel – Pathways Behavioral Health received the sign board for non-verbal children we donated. Official photo to come.
- Pancake breakfast Boy Scouts – Feb. 4th, 7am-10am and Boy Scouts also taking orders for water softener salt
SAA: Dave Webb
- Brown’s didn’t make the playoffs
- Happy dollar for all the great students in the county
- Bengal’s fans
- 1962 – Beetles turned down by what record label? DECA
- Apple computer incorporated when? 1977.
- Golden Gate Bridge started construction when? 1933
- First VW Beetle in US – 1949
- Prohibition started 1920
- First can beer sold – 1935
- 1964 – Beetles first number one record – Hold Your Hand
Scholarship Drawing: Bob Johnson was the winner of the drawing $20. The jackpot is $884 and it continues!!
Program: Erica Tucker – District Director of Solid Waste Authority; Lauren Haubeil-Grooms – Assist. Director
- Ross, Pickaway, Highland, Fayette counties are all under the direction of RPHF Solid Waste District
- Recycling location off Morris Rd., Circleville is a constant battle to keep the trash from being discarded
- Other area recycling options are Island Rd; Rumpke; PICCA; Rhoads
- What we recycle is based on what we have a market to sell – it is different per county which leads to confusion
- 2018 – China was a large source for our recycled material, then stopped because of trash that was included in the bales of recycling
- Look at the stickers on the bins as to what can be recycled
- Plastic film/bags should NOT go into the bins, they can be taken to Kroger/Walmart
- If you bring your recycling in a bag, please take the bag home with you
- Some sites do have camera’s and law enforcement will be given evidence of dumping
- Fayette County Recycling Center is a new concept that is being replicated by other counties. It is a membership system, fenced with camera’s and key fobs for entry.
- Greenhouse plastic’s ARE NOT recyclable in Ohio; McDonald’s cups ARE; Yogurt cups ARE; Solo cups ARE NOT
- The numbers on the bottom of plastics are defining the resin used, not if they are recyclable or not anymore
- Events coming up from RPHF Solid Waste District
- May 20th – 8am-noon. Tire & Electronic Disposal. Pickaway Co. Highway Dept. on Island Rd.
- Sept. 9th – 8am-noon Ross County household hazardous waste
- Www.RPHFsolidwastedistrict.com for information and events
- Household Batteries? Tire and electronic event or bring them to the office in PIckaway County Annex- suite 400 Main St.
- In appreciation of this year’s speakers sharing their time & efforts, donations to Pickaway Pathways for Success will be made in their names.