Marie Nemes-Crawford, Editor
January calendar – Gary Dean, Program Chair
5th – Krista Bower – Chamber of Commerce
12th – Jeremy Joyce – Special Olympics
19th – Maggie Simmons – PAAC
26th – Erica Tucker – District Director of Solid Waste Authority
28th – * Dueling Piano’s – Sunrise Rotary fundraiser at Fairgrounds
February calendar – Ian Webb, Program Chair
2nd: Erin Edwards- Food and Drink Editor at Columbus Monthly
4th: * Rotary Foundation Gala – Hocking Hills Lodge
9th: Erin Allsop- Big Brothers, Big Sisters
16th: Robert Fanska- Boy Scouts
March Calendar – Bob Sneed, Program Chair
2nd – Rural Urban Day
- April 28-29, 2023 – * District 6690 Conference – Veteran’s Memorial
- June 16, 2023 – Golf outing at Pickaway Country Club
- Presiding: President David M. Crawford
- Prayer: Norm Wilson
- Piano Player: Ellery Elick
- Song Leader: Heidi White selected “I’ve Been Working on the Railroad” and “Sing Rotarians “
- Attending: (Drexel has official list) Crawford, Nemes-Crawford, Poling, Beavers, Spangler, Mavis, Ellis, Montgomery, B.Liggett, E.Liggett, Marosher, I.Webb, D.Webb, Elick, Fouts, Wilson, Dean, J.Mullins, Foster, Hedges, T.Tootle, Brown, McCrady, R.Wolfe, Riegel, C.Chamberlain, Sneed, Halley, Neff, Wolford, McNemar, Fountain, White, Robinson, Pelcic, Hooks
- Make-up: Crawford’s visited Rotary Club of Metro Savannah, GA
- Guests: Jayme Fountain’s friend Michele Landon came back!; Tony Robinson brought his lovely wife Vickie; Mike Pelcic introduced Jeff Rawlins;
- Students: Mrs. Schooley introduced Circleville students Claire Barthelmas and Joe Streitenberger
- January Birthdays: 5th-Bob Tootle; 13th-Carly Neff; 22nd-Dave Webb; 23rd-Roger Wolfe; 24th-Fred Mavis; 25th-Wayne Vickers; 28th-Bill Kramer
- January Anniversaries: 7th-Bob Mabe
New member applicants: Michele Landon, sponsored by Jayme Fountain and Stacy Young, sponsored by Ty Ankrom have been approved for membership by the board.
- Charlie Hedges presented Dan Fouts with his Paul Harris +7
- Ellery: Rural Urban Day date changed to March 2nd – Presbyterian Church
- Gary Montgomery (retired from State Highway Patrol) tire tread depth reminder! Please check your tire depth – minimum is 2/32nd – brand new tires are 7/32nd depth. If you are down to 4/32nd please start looking for tires. Your safety depends on it.
- April 28-29th – District 6690 Conference in Columbus. Please consider attending to see what is happening around the district and maybe bring an idea back for us.
SAA: Dave Webb
- Cincinnati Bengal fan’s $1; Brown’s fan’s $1; Steeler’s $2
- Astrological signs for January – 2; Capricorn & Aquarius
- First US commercial bank opened – Bank of North America
- 1812 – Battle of New Orleans. War was over two weeks but they still fought.
- Women had the right to vote – 1920
Scholarship Drawing: Dave Webb was the winner of the drawing $22. The jackpot is $846 and it continues!!
Program: Jeremy Joyce – Special Olympics Coordinator for Pickaway County
- Participates are active in five sports; track, basketball, softball, power-lifting, golf
- Ages of the 80+ participants are 8 into the 60’s
- We are part of the Central Ohio region; Regionals are in Hilliard; Basketball state finals are in Bowling Green
- Fundraising is what pays for all the athletes (gym time, travel, uniforms)
- September golf outing is biggest fundraiser
- March 22nd at Circleville High School – March Madness
- Next Wednesday, January 18th, 6:15pm – basketball game at Everts Hill
- In appreciation of this year’s speakers sharing their time & efforts, donations to Pickaway Pathways for Success will be made in their names.